Hi, I'm new around here

General discussion on winter camping.
Paul F
AntiSpam:Igloo
Hi, I'm new around here

Post by Paul F » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:35 am

I've got a habit of saying "That looks fun" and jumping right into something. Its how I got into hiking and camping to begin with. I have since camped in the woods of new england and the nevada desert, but I am completely new to winter camping. I saw the icebox in action on youtube, twitched, and here I am.

Unfortunately, my roommate does not share my sense of adventure. So my first few attempts at using this thing will be solo or with the aid of a 9 year old. Either way it should be... interesting :)

Igloo Ed

Re: Hi, I'm new around here

Post by Igloo Ed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Paul F wrote:I've got a habit of saying "That looks fun" and jumping right into something. Its how I got into hiking and camping to begin with. I have since camped in the woods of new england and the nevada desert, but I am completely new to winter camping. I saw the icebox in action on youtube, twitched, and here I am.

Unfortunately, my roommate does not share my sense of adventure. So my first few attempts at using this thing will be solo or with the aid of a 9 year old. Either way it should be... interesting :)
Glad to hear ya got the twitch... things will never be the same. ;)
There have been a lot of people that do their first igloos solo. I think the igloo tool teaches better that way when one can work at their own speed.
Welcome to the forum,