Igloo Demo Nov. 21st through 23rd 2008

Look here for ICEBOX® demo times and locations
Igloo Ed
Igloo Demo Nov. 21st through 23rd 2008

Post by Igloo Ed » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:01 pm

I'll be at Midwest Mountaineering's "Outdoor Adventure Expo" in Minneapolis again this season. The show is scheduled from Friday, Nov. 21st through Sunday Nov. 23rd 2008. I will start building an igloo on Friday and depending upon how busy it is and how many questions I receive, I will probably finish the igloo on Sat.
This demo is contingent on Trollhaugen Ski Area being able to make snow but there has only been one year in the last eight that they were not able to make snow.
Here's a link to Midwest's Expo page: http://www.outdooradventureexpo.com/200811/Index.html
Hope to see ya there,

kealia

Re: Igloo Demo Nov. 21st through 23rd

Post by kealia » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:29 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the igloo at Midwest Mountaineering. Will you be selling them there also?

I live in far northern Minnesota and do a lot of winter camping. My intention is to buy an icebox igloo maker and ditch the tent!

Hope to see you there. I live 200 miles directly north of minneapolis and have to work on friday, but I hope to fly in on saturday!

Igloo Ed

Post by Igloo Ed » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:27 am

kealia wrote:I am looking forward to seeing the igloo at Midwest Mountaineering. Will you be selling them there also?

I live in far northern Minnesota and do a lot of winter camping. My intention is to buy an icebox igloo maker and ditch the tent!

Hope to see you there. I live 200 miles directly north of minneapolis and have to work on friday, but I hope to fly in on saturday!
I am just repping the ICEBOX at Midwest but the store stocks and sells them all the time.
It looks like I'll be starting to build the igloo on Thurs. for their invited customers and will finish the igloo on Friday when they let the general public into the show.
I hope to see you there,

Igloo Ed

Post by Igloo Ed » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:16 pm

I finally got the word and I'll be starting to build the igloo on Friday at 3:00 pm at Midwest Mountaineering.

kealia

Post by kealia » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:51 am

I plan to be there. The weather should cooperate. Although they don't have any snow in Minneapolis, the temperatures should be in the upper twenties. No problem with melting!

Assuming the plane flies tomorrow and everything else works out, I plan to be there to watch and maybe help, if you need any?

Mark

kealia

Post by kealia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:19 am

I just returned from the Midwest Mountaineering Expo, where I met Igloo Ed and watched him construct the first two layers of an igloo! The snow was brought in from a local ski area, as Minneapolis doesn't have any REAL snow yet.

The snow was hard-packed and frozen. I am surprised anything could be done with this stuff! Ed's crew spent some time smashing the big chunks, and everything worked well.

I sure enjoyed watching the building and picked up a bunch of tips, and even bought an Igloo Tool. On my return home lasts night I had to walk through the airport with the box. The number of comments by innocent bystanders was amazing! Seems everyone wants to build an igloo.

By the way, the Midwest Mountaineering Expo was amazing. Even though I live 200 miles away, I will definately be back for more.

Now I am waiting on snow. Here in Northern MN., snow is never far off. The temps have been hanging around 0 F., so we just need some precip.!

Nice to meet you Ed.

Mark

Igloo Ed

Post by Igloo Ed » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:08 pm

kealia wrote:Nice to meet you Ed.
Mark
An you too Mark, it's nice knowing you well enough to know that you are going to have a blast. Welcome to the forum too, I hope you enjoy your time here too.